Around The Clock Access to Emergency Care
East Side Animal Hospital has taken precautions to ensure that you have a veterinarian available to you 24 hours a day 365 days a year. If you are experiencing a pet emergency, use the button above to place a call to our office if you are on a mobile device or call 212 751 5176. Once East Side Animal Hospital closes, our phone lines automatically turn over to Blue Pearl Emergency located at 410 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019. Click to Call Blue Pearl or dial 212 767 0099 Additional Veterinary Emergency Practices on the East Side of Manhattan in area code are: Animal Medical Center of New York, located at 510 East 62nd Street, NYC, NY 10065. Click to Call the Animal Medical Center or dial 212 838 8100
Avoid Pet Emergencies
- NEVER leave your pet unattended in a car
- Keep your home free of pesticides, roach traps, and rodent bait
- Only purchase parasite preventatives (including all flea and tick medications) from a veterinarian
- Do not feed your pet human food without discussing it with one of the doctors at East Side
- Make sure your pet can’t accidently ingest any of the following plants that are toxic to dogs and cats.
- Make sure your pet can’t accidently ingest any of the following foods toxic to dogs and or cats.
CALL POISON CONTROL (888) 426-4435
Prepare for An Emergency In NYC
Unfortunately, we live in an age when something drastic can happen to those of us that live in NYC. This is an excellent, short video of consideration for all NYC pet owners on how to prepare. Really, a must see. Link to emergency dog and cat supplies. https://youtu.be/abf7siMf5rc